The school that I am getting my PhD from is Walden University. Walden has a mission of affecting positive social change, in other words improving human and social conditions through ideas and actions that promote dignity, self-worth, and development (Laureate Education, 2012).
Social change is something that I’ve only barely participated in. In the past I would donate money, maybe occasionally participate in some work sponsored charity project, but that’s about the extent of my activity. I was disappointed to learn that I missed out local women’s march recently. I plan on trying to watch local activist groups and try to keep informed about upcoming activities. It is my goal now to become more involved in social change activities. It’s time to take a step forward into the amazing world of social change activism!
So, this post seeks to get responses from YOU about social change.
Here come the questions….
- What social change activities do you engage in?
- If you’ve started your own social change project, how did you get started and how did you get others to gain interest?
- How do you balance work life, personal time, and still find time for social change activities?
- What is the most memorable social change activity you’ve ever participated in?
- What social change have you not done, but would love to do?
So, what’s stopping you?
Laureate Education (Producer). (2012). Cultural competency and social change [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.